ESD® is a well established leader in the engineering and development of mechanical and electronic payment systems for multi-family market and laundromats. As the world’s leading provider of vended laundry and payment systems, our products and systems deliver unrivaled flexibility and benefits to owners, operators, and customers. Our products and people set us apart and we are proud to be family owned and operated with over 50 years of industry experience.
At ESD® we are passionate about hiring dedicated professionals from a variety of backgrounds. Our people are what make us unique and we are always seeking additional talent to add to the ESD® family. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are eager to join an innovative team with a proven track record, we’d love to hear from you!
AVAILABLE POSITIONS AT ESD®
Planning & Materials Manager
ESD, Inc. and affiliate Greenwald Industries are seeking a highly qualified and experienced Planning & Materials Manager. This future employee will be responsible for maintaining a complex system of inventory for multiple products lines; both electronic and mechanical, across two companies.
- The Planning & Materials Manager handles planning, materials management/flow, and production scheduling
- Optimize the supply chain materials functions including demand planning, production planning, and production scheduling
- Ensure inventory levels on hand to meet customer order requirements
- Follows up and pushes suppliers to comply with and minimize lead times
- Raising purchase orders and optimizes pricing
- Implement best practices in ERP planning and logistics processes leveraging related systems for planning
- Implement best practices to promote continuous improvement
- Analyze and maintain complex inventory
- Skilled searcher for product elsewhere than common source to find replacements when products become unavailable and recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality
- Must have prior experience with ERP systems, including but not limited to Epicor’s “Manage 2000” and “Viaduct 2000”.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years prior knowledge and experience in equipment manufacturing
- Experience in supply chain systems in Asia and Internationally
- Price negotiation experience
- Raising purchase orders
As a Firmware Engineer, you will be involved in the design and development of exciting new payment systems for the payment industry for use in unattended applications. You will be developing firmware for ESD’s advanced payment technology that will accept many forms, including but not limited to, loyalty cards, NFC, EMV level 3, and contactless or tap-and-pay credit and debit cards.
A Firmware Engineer at ESD Inc. is a hands-on position engaged in the firmware development and sustaining of products in a self-service payment and vending industry. As part of a small team, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and supporting firmware controlling embedded processors.
- Analyze and develop firmware solutions.
- Work on projects alone or in a small team.
- Work with the project manager or product owner to meet specification needs.
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code.
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs.
- Document all programming tasks and procedures.
- Specifying, designing, implementing, releasing, and supporting embedded products.
- Participating in embedded design projects from concept to production.
- Developing utilities, using C/C++, in support of the embedded system development process.
- Significant experience in firmware development.
- Proficiency in Compilation process and tools, C libraries, and microcontroller startup.
- C and C++ development skills.
- Experience with version control.
- Basic shop skills such as soldering, using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.
- Ability to read schematics and understand basic digital/analog electronic theories.
- Experience with microcontrollers and related tools, debuggers, and technologies (i.e. Keil 8051, ARM/Cortex M1, etc.).
- Experience with product specifications, systems analysis, microprocessor-based systems, and firmware design.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Experience with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Ethernet technologies is a plus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree+ in Computer Science or equivalent.
As a software engineer, you will be involved in design and development of exciting new payment systems for vended laundry and other areas.
- Analyze and develop software solutions
- Work on projects alone or in a small team
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- At least 5 years of professional experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree+ in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in C#, VB.NET, and Java programming languages
- Advanced understanding of ASP.NET and related technologies
- Android and iOS Development experience is a plus
- Familiarity with relational databases such as SQL Server
- Deadline and detail-oriented
We are seeking a Technical Support Representative to join our team! You will resolve computer and software related issues for our clients. This position requires good telephone skills and excellent customer service orientation. Software, hardware and product training will be provided, however, a solid understanding of standard software functionality in Windows environment is required.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically
- Track customer issues and resolutions
- Previous experience in IT, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor